Our Residential Conveyancing Fees for properties in England and Wales
and dealing with:
(i) freehold or leasehold sales or purchases;
(ii) mortgages or re-mortgages;
We operate a property price band rating system. The estimated average fees quoted below are a basic guide to our fees, and are shown inclusive of VAT and cover all conveyancing work required to complete the purchase/sale of your property, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and the payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (England) or Land Transaction Tax (Wales).
We do not charge an additional fee for acting for your Lender
It is not possible to provide a detailed quotation until we have discussed with you your particular circumstances.
- We charge on average a fee of £900.00 & Disbursements for a standard freehold sale.
- We charge on average a fee of £1020.00 & Disbursements for a standard freehold purchase.
- We charge on average a fee of £954.00 & Disbursements for a standard leasehold sale.
- We charge on average a fee of £1074.00 & Disbursements for a standard leasehold purchase.
- We charge on average a fee of £540.00 & Disbursements for a standard re-mortgage.
- We offer a concessionary fee of £750.00 & Disbursements for First Time Buyers up to a purchase price of £399,000.00
A standard conveyancing purchase and sale will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
Click here if you wish to instruct us on your matter.
Click here for our estimated conveyancing quote tool which will calculate the conveyancing costs for your particular transaction in more detail. You will need to contact us direct for a bespoke quotation as we will need to go through certain enquiries with you to understand your particular transaction and what is required.
(click here) for our Property Team who will be working on your behalf.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Disbursements are costs (i.e. expenses), related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Whilst not exhaustive the following comprise the usual disbursements:-
- Search fees – between £250.00 and £450.00 depending on the type and volume of searches required and the location of the property
- Stamp Duty Land Tax – this depends upon a variety of factors . A calculation is available through the HMRC website
- Land Registry fee – current fees are available through the Land Registry website
- Managing Agents pack on sale of leasehold – this can only be ascertained on receipt of documents but the average charge is approximately £360.00 inc. VAT, but can vary depending on the Managing Agent or Freeholder
- Notice and compliance fees on leasehold purchases – these can only be ascertained during the transaction but typically can range between £240.00 to £480.00 inc. VAT
-Other Additional Fees
- There will be other costs on top of our conveyancing fees, such as bank transfer fees -£30.00 plus VAT; AML search fees £6.00 plus VAT; SDLT form fees £50.00 plus VAT.
The figures quoted above assume a straightforward transaction without unforeseen complexity or issues. If the matter becomes complex then there will be an additional fee, examples of which include (but are not limited to):
- Where your mortgage lender instructs its own solicitor
- Where your lease purchase includes the purchase of a share of the freehold
- Where a lease extension is involved
- Where freeholder consent for any reason may be required
- Where there is a perceived defect in title
- If leasehold, that it is the transfer of an existing lease and not the grant of a new lease
- Shared ownership transactions
- Missing or absentee landlords
- Compulsory Purchase
- Where a transaction is required to be expedited
- Contract races
- Lock out/exclusivity agreements
Obviously all cases are different and we will try our best to inform you as soon as we become aware of any feature that might have an impact on the quoted fee.
-Note: The above are an average price based on recent instructions; the actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors which we will discuss with you when you decide to instruct us.
- The charge is based on our standard fixed fee rates for our property price band rating system.
- Our price may look high compared to some other providers, but we would ask you to consider the work involved, the implications of you or us missing something, the deadlines involved, the availability of our professional insurance cover and a number of other factors in the complex conveyancing process, before comparing us on price alone.
- As they say “Buy cheap – buy twice”.
- We understand the stress involved in moving home. The work we will carry out will involve
- Checking that your financial arrangements are in place
- Obtaining Land Registry entries and drafting a contract for sale (approximately 1 day)
- Completing incidental information re fixtures and fittings and other inclusions and exclusions (approximately 1 week)
- Receiving contracts and other property information (approximately 1 week)
- Undertaking searches and enquiries on the property (1 day upon instructions to do so from you)
- Raising requisitions on title and other issues (approximately 2-3 weeks)
- Preparing for exchange and completion and reporting to you (approximately 1 week)
- Dealing with the payment of SDLT (approximately within 1-week post completion)
- Dealing with Land Registry applications (approximately within 1-week post completion)
- Liaison with your lenders throughout
- Overall control of the transaction throughout, including liaison with relevant third parties including your estate agents/broker
–Note Obviously, our fees do not include any external costs and charges that we may incur as part of the process (e.g. estate agents commission, removal costs, environmental remediation costs etc). You will also be responsible for these items.
-For other property work we undertake please click here
-Feedback-your feedback is important to us –please click here