The provision of advice and representation at the Magistrates Court in relation to summary only road traffic offences dealt with at a single hearing;
- We charge £800 + VAT on average for this work.
- This estimate is just an average price based on recent instructions; the actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors which we will discuss with you if you decide to instruct us.
- The charge is based on our average hourly charging-rate of £200 per hour
- There may be other costs on top. These are fees and charges we will need to pay on your behalf as part of the process, such as counsel’s or expert’s fees.
- Our people involved in doing the work will be the Team at our Criminal Department-click here
- We understand the stress involved in dealing with a motoring offence. The work we will carry out will involve
- Ascertaining the charge brought (approximately  week[s])
- Taking your instructions, advising on and entering a plea (approximately [1 -2] weeks)
- Consideration of prosecution evidence (approximately [2-3] weeks thereafter)
- Preparing you for a court attendance
- Advising on likely sentence
- Attendance at Court in order to deal with the hearing, and any consequent sentencing (1 day)
- Advising on possible appeals
Obviously, our fees do not include any external costs and charges that may be incurred as part of the process (eg. fines, penalties, criminal liabilities). Further, if you appeal, this will entail further cost. You will also be responsible for these items.
Contact us here if you wish to instruct us on your matter.
For other work that our Criminal Department undertakes –please click here
Feedback-your feedback is important to us – please click here